Friday, August 1, 2008

Three is Definitely NOT a Crowd

So, SYTYCD. Affectionally called 'Dance Show'. My #1 purpose for watching TV in the summer.

*WARNING: This post will be extremely long and opinionated..... So be sure to have popcorn ready*

Season 1
I think I saw the audition for this one, and that's it. The show never grabbed me, I wasn't impressed, etc.

Season 2
The amazingness set in. Let's break it down.
- Benji was one of the funniest dancers to watch. Overall, I thought he brought a lot of life and charisma into the show.
- Travis was, in my mind, the true winner. Technique, lines, facial expression, carriage, everything was amazing every weeek.
- Donyelle never particularily stood out in my mind, but I suppose she did an OK job.
- Heidi was hilarious to watch, mainly with her hip-hop because she tried so hard. I loved her determination, though, especially with the Mia Michaels routine (see picture).
- Ivan was one of my favourites from the start. I'm really glad he made it so far in the competition, and he grew so much. Very proud of him.
- Allison was also a favourite of mine. Allison & Ivan was my favourite couple.... I was really sad to see her leave.
- Natalie was a so-so dancer for me. At certain times she shone, while other times she simply dropped the ball. I would've liked to see Allison in her place.
- Ryan & Musa are together for me, because I could seriously never separate them. This is not meant to be a racist comment, its just that seriously, I could never tell them apart. They both did a fair job in the competition, and I'm glad they made the Top 20.
- Martha did amazing until she dropped, LOL. I loved her and Travis, but I was really disappointed with her change of attitude.
- The others are blah to me. BLAH!

Season 3
Great season! I got my whole family invovled in this one.
- Sabra was an amazing dancer, and she really started to stand out to me as a fighter in the Top 8 for some reason. She sort of flew-under-the-radar for a while, and then POW! she was there.
- Danny was a great technical dancer. I'm very happy that he made it as far as he did, and although I somewhat agree with the attitude-ish comments, I believe that by the end, he had softened.
- Lacey was hilarious! She started to annoy me after a while, yet performed such awesome dances that I loved her by the end. She is definitely her brother's sister.
- Neil was a favourite of mine. Loved him from the start. Such an amazing gymnast and dancer, who always performed with such passion.
- Lauren was not necessarily a favourite of mine, and I sort of knew that she wouldn't make it to the Top 4. She did some breath-taking work, though.
- Pasha was great! I loved how he made everything look so simple, even the hip-hop and dances he wasn't so familiar with.
- Sara was a favourite of mine, and boy, did she step up to the plate. I loved her versatility, and was quite sad to see her go.
- Dominic didn't really do that much for me, but I will say that he is excellent at what he does. His hip-hop with Sabra was sensational.
- Kameron was another dancer that I would've liked to see kicked off faster. He was a good partner for Lacey, but otherwise, did nothing for me.
- Jaimie was an awesome technical dancer, but I felt that she was somehow holding back a little. Could've used a little more oomph from her.
- Hok was awesome, and I would've traded his spot for Kameron's anyday.
- Anya wasn't a strong dancer outside of her element, and I was sort of upset that she didn't seem to give it her all in the non-ballroom dances. That being said, she was phenomenal in the ballroom stuff.

Season 4
I'll write a proper thing for this next week. Love the season!

No comments: